Tuesday, January 27, 2009

An ode to animals...

I was looking for a picture on our computer today, and while doing so, I found lots of pictures of all of the pets that Richard and I have enjoyed over the years!! It is incredible, the number of dogs and cats we have somehow obtained... Yet we never can manage to keep them!! So, here for your viewing pleasure, is a list of all the animals we have brought into our home in the last seven years!! (That does not include a beta fish, which my sweet sister Vanessa gave to me... that thing wouldn't die!)
That's Cookie... She was so cute, but she had really bad ticks and they kept latching to my children... She found a good home in San Antonio!
Here's Chewbacca... Cute as can be, but it turns out Chihuahuas don't like three year olds! He went back to his homeland...Cuidad Acuna, Mexico!
Meet Chip and Dale... Dale really did have a red nose, but Richard wasn't sold! They found a new home at the local cemetery. Don't worry, they are still alive, they just keep the rodent problems down!!
There's Celery. He was a vagabond cat from the neighborhood... He stole our hearts and then stole away!! We had him for a month or so and then he moved on!
That's George!! He was the most patient kitten... Well until he snuck out and ran away... He's probably alot happier though, just look at his expression!
Here's Rumpledoodles (named for the Heffalump Movie, of course!!) He was beautiful, but not fond of Kami's love! After he stratched her too many times, we decided to find him a new home! Isn't he cute, though?!
I don't even remember this ones name so we must have not had it for very long, but it looks sweet!!!
Rafferty and Commander!! We only had Commander as a puppy, my sister gave him a better home than we did, in fact, that's why ended up with a fish instead!
Here's Rafferty alone, he was by far our favorite, but we just couldn't give him the attention that he needed so he went back to his old home...We still have visitation rights, though!! There was one other dog we had, Ella... she didn't even stay long enough to get a picture! She couldn't stay off of our table! There is something not right about a huge dog on the kitchen table... now I wish I did have a picture!! Of course we still have Chocolate and Caramel, from down below, and it is my goal in life to keep those cats forever!! Oh the adventures of the Hunt Family...

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

This is hilarious!!!!

i can't tell if you're animal lovers or haters! jk....

Beth said...

My family was the same way with animals. Not so much dogs, but I cannot count how many cats we had.

I hadn't read your blog for awhile and I absolutely love the pictures of Carter eating the cats!! It makes me smile. He is so adorable.

Crystal said...

I just love animals, very cute pictures. It's crazy you've gone through so many! although, I do have to remind you that you have forgotten one poor little hamster that never returned from the hamster sitters ;) I hadn't ever seen pictures of your kids when they were so young, Cami looked so different! Adorable!

The Hunt Family said...

Oh no no no no, I remember a few more pets! Let me remind you. You had a lab puppy for a day or so. You also had that cocker spaniel a few months ago that had cherry eye. But if it makes you feel better, I did kill lumpy the fish...well dad killed it actually. We came home from vacation and it was moldy because dad forgot to feed it!

Melissa said...

Hey! So I just left you a comment on a nov post and forgot that I actually went back to nov! Wow! That's funny! So nevermind tha comment I guess!
Well I am so excited to keep in touch with you guys! Hopefully we'll see you tomorrow at the track!!