Saturday, January 10, 2009

Finally... The child has a name!!




If you happen to not be of a religious nature, I'll explain that as a newborn, at least in the LDS religion, you receive a name and a blessing, normally done by your father, where he officially blesses you with a first, middle, and last name, as well as offers you a sweet fathers blessing at the same time!! As I mentioned, normally this is done within a month or two of birth... not six! But, in order to have Richard's family with us for the blessing, we chose to wait and have the blessing when we were in California for Christmas! While I missed my family being there, I was grateful that so many member's 0f Richard's family were there! The blessing was beautiful and I am grateful to say that Richard didn't change Carter's name during the blessing (although secretly I have always thought that would be cool!)
















We filled the whole house with just part of Richard's family!!



















Richard picked out the outfit that we blessed Carter in, that was really special to me!!



















Twin cousins... Is that possible?! Well, either way, those two will be breaking hearts together!!



















Thank you Grandma, for the best blessing afterparty ever!

1 comments:

Morgan said...

It was really nice to be a part of the blessing - thanks for including us! Oh, by the way, there are a couple of pictures of our kids at our Christmas Eve breakfast on my blog - they are way down in the middle of my post that was all about December. Love you!