Friday, December 12, 2008

A Successful Family Home Evening!

Anyone who knows us very well can attest to our strong desire, but our childrens' lack of focus for successful FHE! So my sister Vanessa has been my mentor in using crafts to get the children to focus on Family Night!! This past Monday we used her idea of Button Trees for Christmas to talk to the kids about Jesus Christ, his birth, and why we celebrate! It was fabulous!! So from here on out, our house will be stocked with craft ideas... Anything to get a successful Family Home Evening!

Even Carter joined in on the button fun!
I was so proud of Richard, he never lost his patience!
Look at all those buttons!
I guess I never got a picture of the finished product, but they are super cute! Any more crafty ideas?! Send them my way!!

5 comments:

Hipple Family said...

Those are really cute! I will have to steal your idea. :)

Trisha said...

How Fun!!

The Hunt Family said...

I'm glad you did them. I'm going to have little ones at my craft party! I wish I could have seen the finished product. I love mine! Good job Richard...if Paul can do it so can you!
Kudos to husbands who craft!

The Hunt Family said...

ps-got a new cartridge for my cricut I'm so excited to use! And sorry your Christmas card didn't get out on time, I'll have to give it to you when you get here. Can't wait!

Missy S. said...

I miss you guys a ton, what where you making for FHE?